At KTI, we respect and protect your privacy. Our site is a safe environment for anyone who visits and purchases. We are also committed to providing you the best possible online service and experience as well as the best products. The purpose of this policy statement is to fully share with you
- A complete description of what we collect
- How we use that information
- Whom we share that information with
- How you can change the information
- How you can tell us not to gather any information about you
Safe Shopping Guarantee
Shopping with KTI is absolutely safe-- you never have to worry about credit-card safety when you are shopping at our site. We guarantee that each purchase you make is protected and safe. If fraudulent charges are ever made, you will not have to pay for them.
We use the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information -- including your name,address, and credit card number -- is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, we store it on a server that isn't accessible from the Internet.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to call in your credit card information and complete your purchase by phone.
In general, under federal law, you will not be liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges. In the unlikely event that you are subject to fraudulent charges, remember to first notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If, for whatever reason, you are held responsible for this amount, KTI will cover the entire liability for you, up to $50, as long as the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made from KTI while using our secure server.
Confidentiality and Privacy
What information does KTI collect and how is it used?
A. When you visit the KTI site, we collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. This includes which pages are visited, types of products purchased, and any feedback from our visitors. We then aggregate this information with hundreds of thousands of other pieces of information to improve our site and make your experience on the site as valuable and efficient as possible.
C. When you create an account with us, you provide such personal information as:
- First and last name
- Billing address
- Shipping address(es)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card account number (unless applying for an OPEN Account)
- Items you purchase from us
We collect all or some of this information on the pages where you create your account. We use this information as follows:
- We fulfill your order based on this information.
- We provide you with information about your order (such as, whether your order has been received).
- We ask for your phone number in the event that our customer service representatives need to contact you and cannot reach you by email. We save the information about products you purchased to provide you with the best possible customer service and the most up-to-date information about your order.
- We use your mailing address not only to ship your orders to you but also to tell you about special offers, products, or events available to KTI customers that we think will interest you. You can request that we communicate with you only in relation to your orders. You can change your preferences at any time by sending an email to us with your request.
- Credit card information is used to bill you for products you have ordered and to track sales.
- No information is sold or released to anyone about visitors to this site or customers of KTI without prior consent or a court order. In other words, no information is released to anyone unless you give permission first. This includes e-mail registration to mailing lists, E-mail forwarding service, and shopping.